821 Fawn Lane, Este Park, Colorado – MLS 728874
The Cutest Cabin in Estes Park
Immaculately maintained and tastefully adorned with rustic mountain charm in a footprint that is not too big, but not too small, this has to be one of the cutest log homes you have ever seen! You don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get your very own log home in Estes Park! Enjoy plentiful wood accents throughout the home, a country rustic kitchen, and an efficient wood stove in the living room. The entire house was remodeled recently and it still feels brand new! Attractive decorative tile in the bathrooms and even electric in-floor heat in the master bath. There is plenty of built in shelving and a work bench in the garage plus bonus attic storage accessed from outside. The second bedroom features a custom painted mural by a local artist. The third bedroom upstairs has a half-sized closet and great views of the Mummy Range. Ready for short term, long term, full time living or use as a second home. There is a privacy fence around the spacious yard featuring a hot tub, fire pit, and a comfortable deck with views of Lake Estes.
360 View of the Inside
360 View of the Outside
An Interview With The Owner: The Rest of The Story
Why did you purchase this home in the first place?
- We had a RV at Seven Pines from May – September for several years. We thoroughly enjoy mountain life and not being able to stay and enjoy this life from October – April was discouraging. We decided to look for a year-around home in Estes Park to purchase.
- We looked for months to find a place within our budget. The better the view and area, the higher the price. Then we discovered this gem at 821 Fawn Lane. At first we were concerned about the neighborhood – but the home is so private and peaceful we decided to purchase the property. It was definitely the right decision!!
About the Neighborhood
- Our initial concern about the neighborhood was completely unfounded. We remember looking at the concrete block garage up the hill with its various decorations and wondering who lived at that location. The house across the street was also quite curious.
- To our surprise and amazement the best neighbors we have ever had live here on Fawn Lane. A family situation is requiring our move, but we we will definitely grieve the loss of these wonderful neighbors. The neighbors up the hill are the most wonderful, selfless people you can image. These dear friends have lived in Estes for over 30 years and have been such a help to us. The rest of the neighbors are great as well. We all look out for one another!
About the Home
- It is peaceful, safe, and private. We love the craftsmanship of the home. The wood burning stove will heat the entire home. The deck is a wonderful place to spend both early mornings as well as those evening BBQ’s. With its privacy, you quickly forget you are in a neighborhood yet it’s so convenient to the grocery store and gas stations – as well as an easy walk to downtown!
- The home is like new and is amazingly well built … and there are no HOA fees!
What are some of the improvement you have done to the home?
1) Rinnai tankless water heater (4 years old)
2) New pole fence with gate / Antique Wagon
3) Hot Tub including slab & utilities and a fire pit
4) Brand new forced air furnace
5) All new rain gutters
Why are you selling?
- We have enjoyed living here since April of 2010. Unfortunately, an urgent family situation requires a move from Estes Park in order to be closer to our children to provide regular help and support.
Do you have a favorite memory to share?
- We love the July 4th holiday when all our kids and grandkids come to our place in Estes. There is plenty of room for them to pitch their tents and have fun around the bonfire. The grandkids take their seats in the antique wagon which provides a perfect view of the spectacular fireworks over Lake Estes.
Watch the Video
Birds Eye View
Not sure if this is “The One?” Here are similar homes for sale in Estes Park
$302,000 : 1438 Matthew Cir 3, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with First Colorado Realty
$270,000 : 1250 S Saint Vrain Ave 10, Estes Park4 beds, 3 bathsListed with Assist 2 Sell - Ortiz Realty
$289,000 : 1680 Marys Lake Rd, Estes Park2 beds, 1 bathListed with First Colorado Realty
$305,000 : 111 Wiest Dr 2-I, Estes Park1 bed, 1 bathListed with Range Realty
$272,500 : 883 Crabapple Ln 883, Estes Park3 beds, 3 bathsListed with Realty Solution
$289,900 : 1861 Raven Ave B-4, Estes Park3 beds, 3 bathsListed with Mountain Aire Real Estate
$349,900 : 1053 Tranquil Ln, Estes Park4 beds, 2 bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Estes Park
$319,000 : 1180 Giant Track Rd, Estes Park3 beds, 1 bathListed with First Colorado Realty
$335,000 : 1431 St Moritz Trl B-1, Estes Park3 beds, 3 bathsListed with First Colorado Realty
$259,000 : 2120 Fall River Rd G-1, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Alpine Legacy Real Estate, Inc
$279,900 : 1801 Sketch Box Ln 1, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Estes Park
$315,000 : 408 Elm Ave, Estes Park4 beds, 3 bathsListed with Alpine Legacy Real Estate, Inc
$279,000 : 1870 Sketch Box Ln 2, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with 2K Realty
$319,500 : 2100 Fall River Rd 2, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Crockett Mountain Realty
$291,500 : 2625 Marys Lake Rd 33, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Estes Park
$299,900 : 2625 Marys Lake Rd 36, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Colorado Mountain Home Realty
$284,900 : 2625 Marys Lake Rd 20b, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Estes Park Realty Inc.
$269,900 : 2120 Fall River Rd D3, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Estes Park
$314,000 : 2625 Marys Lake Rd 37, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Colorado Mountain Home Realty
$276,000 : 1870 Sketch Box Ln 6, Estes Park2 beds, 2 bathsListed with 2K Realty
See all 250-350.
(all data current as of 7/30/2015)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.