406 Birch Avenue – Estes Park, CO – MLS 712047
Very rarely will you find such a fantastic home under $200,000 in Estes Park! No work needs to be done! Fantastic kitchen with wood cabinetry, wood floors, and plenty of counter space. Eat in kitchen, plenty of natural light, and a great open floor plan between the kitchen and living room. The wood stove insert in the fireplace kicks out tons of heat for those cold winter evenings and the high-efficiency thermal storage heater keeps your utility bills in check. Fenced in yard and large deck with hot tub in the back provides additional outdoor living space.
- Remodeled in 2003 and interior updated in 2011
- Open kitchen with wood cabinets and wood floors
- Lots of kitchen storage and counter space
- Wood stove insert in living room fireplace
- Fenced in yard
Just Updated in 2013
- Exterior paint
- New roof
An Interview With The Owner: The Rest of The Story
Why did you purchase this home in the first place?
- We were both working in the Estes Park area and we wanted to reduce our commute time. This allowed us to spend more time together as a family. This was very important to us, as our son had just turned a year old right before the closing date.
What did you enjoy most about living here?
- We love the interior of our home, and we love the fact that we can watch the 4th of July fireworks from our back porch. We also love utilizing the deck during the spring and summer.
Do you have a favorite memory or event that happened at your home?
- Our favorite event was spending Thanksgiving day with our closest friends in our home. We cooked a wonderful meal complete with all the trimmings. Afterwards, we all sat back and enjoyed wine while watching the Thanksgiving day NFL games.
What is your favorite feature of your home?
- Our favorite feature of the home is the kitchen area. The kitchen features beautiful wood cabinets with ample storage space. It also features two different windows which allow us to have tons of natural light.
Why are you selling?
- We are selling because we have both obtained jobs in Boulder, CO. My wife currently holds a supervisory position with the University of Colorado, and I was recently hired with Boulder County as a Foster/Adoptive Caseworker. Neither of these hires were planned when we purchased the home, but they were both great career moves for us…so we felt we couldn’t turn them down. The commute from Estes Park to Boulder isn’t horrible, but we would prefer to move closer to Boulder if we can reasonably do so.
Who would you like to see buy your home?
- In a perfect world, a young married couple who either has one child or is planning to start a family would be the perfect fit for our home. As you can see, we have set up our nursery for our own son…and he absolutely loves his room.
What improvements have you made that you are especially proud of?
- We painted the entire house, had the recess lighting in the kitchen restored, replaced all of the carpet, and had the wood floors stripped, cleaned, and refinished. We are very proud of how much we have improved the interior of our home.
What would you like the next buyer to know about the property that they won’t find anywhere else online?
- The wood stove in this home is wonderful. On the coldest of winter nights, you can heat this house to 80 degrees Fahrenheit if you really wanted to. In addition, you can watch the 4th of July fireworks from your home, and the Scottish festival is only a short walk away. Don’t let the proximity of the hospital concern you, as we have never been awoken by an ambulance driver. In fact, they tend to wait until exiting our neighborhood to turn on their sirens.
Bird’s Eye View
Not sure if this is “The One?” Here are similar homes for sale in Estes Park
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.