904 Shady Lane, Estes Park CO – MLS 720643
Immaculate interior at a price you can afford!
There is a lot to like about this home from the comfortable cabin-like interior to the upper level deck with views of the lake. The kitchen and dining rooms are very functional with plenty of counter space, pantry, and a slider onto the deck. The bathrooms have all been remodeled recently. The master bedroom in the upper level is currently being used as a family room. Many great trees on an oversized lot with easy access to restaurants, the golf course and the schools. Short term or long term rentals available. Some furniture available.
An Interview With The Owner: The Rest of The Story
Why did you purchase this home in the first place?
- Twenty-one years ago, we were renting, looking to buy, and I was house cleaning for a local company. My boss asked me to meet her at 904 Shady Lane and plan on several hours as we needed to clean the house from top to bottom. We chatted away while we worked, and I discovered that the home was going on the market. I contacted the owner who was eager to sell. I ended up getting paid to clean what became my own home!
What is your favorite feature of your home?
- I love that our house is so close to the schools (can’t tell you how many times I walked over to the football field for soccer games!) and only 1.3 miles to Starbucks and downtown, yet with all the trees, we feel as if we are in our own private woods! I can honestly say we will miss our Shady Lane retreat.
What improvements have you made that you are especially proud of?
- I am very proud of all the work we have done to our home. When we bought it, it reminded me of a medieval dungeon! All the wood was dark walnut in color, and the front door had a little 5×7 inch yellow window with vertical black wrought iron bars. (That was the dungeon part.) The first thing we did was install a gas fireplace which heats the downstairs nicely. Then we replaced the front entry with a beautiful half-window door to let in lots of light. After that, we tore down all the ugly silvery-gold wall paper in the dining room along with the walnut chair rail which was adding to the overall darkness of the downstairs. As we gradually made upgrades, the walnut cupboards were replaced with oak, new countertops, new sink and Pergo flooring were added. We replaced all the dark woodwork and doors including the railing on the stairs with oak. Both bathrooms have been completely remodeled too! After a few more years, we built a room over the garage (with another gas fireplace) which is where we spend most of our time. I think this room is my favorite place in our home. I really enjoy looking out at the trees from upstairs.
Why are you selling?
- Once upon a time, all of our children lived in Estes Park. Our daughter and her family were the last to relocate to another state, so we are left without grandchildren in the area. This is unacceptable, which is why we are moving after all this time! (We moved to Estes Park in 1972.)
- Writing this and thinking back over all the years we have spent here with the kids brought tears to my eyes! When we bought the house, only our oldest was married. Now we have 8 grandkids!! We love Estes Park with all our heart and will miss it here. But we are looking forward to a new life in Bozeman, Montana with our son and his family. They can’t wait for us to get there, which makes us feel pretty good about the move!
Watch the Video
Not sure if this is “The One?” Here are similar homes for sale in Estes Park
We're sorry, but there’s nothing to display here; MLS data service is not activated for this account.